June 25, 2016
July 1, 2016
Forget every tropical vacation you’ve ever been on, this intimate event on a small island in Fiji is what people dream of when planning their honeymoons! Tropical, exotic, lush, and weather so perfect you can set your watch by it. This event gives models a taste of working with four industry names in glamour and commercial photography, by offering two photo sets with each photographer, and a short 2 min custom video with the videographer. Attending photographers have over a dozen models to work with, as well as dedicated one-on-one sessions with our staff photographers to go over their work and be shadowed during their shoots. Daily lunchtime seminars offer interesting topics on a wide range of topics for both models and photographers. This week-long, all-inclusive program is meant to be as rewarding as a professional experience as it is relaxing as a vacation…we’ve taken care of every detail for you!
Beqa Island is truly a chance to get away from it all. A journey by boat across the Beqa Lagoon will transport you from life’s hustle and bustle, to the lovely, secluded Beqa Island. As you near the shoreline, the sound of Fijians singing a traditional welcome song will be the first sign you have arrived in paradise. A warm smile and a floral lei greet you when you step onto the sand of this enchanting island resort, where even the palm trees seem to sway to the music in the warm sea breeze. A very non-traditional resort, your senses will be treated to the smell of tropical flowers from your private garden and the sights and azure water from your private deck, and the sounds of the Kula parrots singing in the trees above you.
Savor delicious cuisine in our open air dining bure while gazing out over the water at spectacular sunsets. Enjoy internationally recognised gourmet cuisine prepared by Head Chef LaLa. Using fresh locally caught fish and locally grown fruits and vegetables, along with the best of international products LaLa’s mouth watering Fijian delicacies will leave you wanting more. Quench your thirst with a drink from our selection of fresh fruit juices prepared using fruit grown in the neighboring villages, spring water fresh from the mountain, a local Fijian beer, or maybe a glass of wine from our international wine list.
This resort focuses on relaxation and a stress-free experience…the rooms don’t even have TV’s in them to further detach you from the world at home! Beautiful white sand beaches, azure water and lush tropical jungles are just begging to have you shoot with a tropical flower in your ear!
Upon arrival and the initial orientation and meet & greet with this limited group, you will meet with each photographer to discuss your goals for your shoots. Models will plan your dedicated shoots, select outfits and discuss how and where the finished pictures will be used directly with each photographer.
Attending photographers will receive one-on-one coaching from our expert staff photographers throughout the trip and be invited to shadow and/or assist on their shoots to study their style and technique. In addition to the usual glamour and model shoots in and around the property, you will have opportunities to capture beach and landscape photo’s with some of the most beautiful and dramatic sunsets in the world. Unspoiled night skies will offer unique evening photography and time-lapse opportunities.
Attendees’ free time will be spent relaxing around the resort, or in our private bungalows. There is ample time to lounge by the private pool working on your tan or just reading a book. Multiple off-site excursions are available for guests, and all options will be explained to the group and then booked onsite.
The entire event will include BTS, group and candid shots to properly document your entire experience.
– Extra memory cards and external storage device
– Standard Selection of Lenses
– Standard lighting pack consisting of reflector, powered light(s), remote trigger and a battery pack.
– Backpack or easily carried equipment case
– Tropical themed wear for at least 1 shoot (bikini, wrap, etc)
– Bikini and/or lingerie, depending on the type of shooting you are looking for
– Any additional luxury, evening, or fashion outfits for shooting against the contrasting tropical jungle, azure waters and fiery sunsets
– Personal Hair, make-up and styling products
– Comfortable resort clothing for lounging around in
– Comfortable shoes for hiking through the forests
– Binoculars for watching the wildlife
– Light rain jacket as it is a tropical environment and might briefly rain each night
– Power Converter: 220V, Australian style plugs.
– Personal Point-and-shoot camera or GoPro to document your personal experience
– Bathing suits
– A rashguard t-shirt if you plan on surfing
– A back-pack for daily excursions
– Roundtrip transfers from Fiji International Airport (NAN) to the resort
– Shared Occupancy lodging
– 3 Professionally prepared meals each day in the main dining lodge (special dietary requests can usually be honored)
– Standard and alcoholic drinks
– Wifi on property
– 1 dedicated personal shoot with each staff photographer, 5 edited photos from each shoot
– 1 dedicated personal/portfolio video including interview and BTS, personalized for you.
– Opportunity to book additional looks or edits onsite direct with each photographer)
– Behind The Scenes (BTS) picture and video package of your experiences with the animals as well as the entire group trip
– 1 offsite group excursion/activity
– Bug spray and tanning lotions
– 1 extra shoot per photographer, your choice of focus.
– Single Occupancy lodging
– Welcome bottle of champagne and fruit tray
– Your choice of bottle of liquor and mixers for your room
– Luxury bath linens and pool towel
– Luxury bath products package including shampoo, soap, conditioner, lotion, bug spray and suntan lotion and tanning oils.
– Fiji is one of the top Romantic and Honeymoon destinations in the world, so why not bring your significant other along to relax and enjoy the trip with you!
– Private lodging
– Modeling package for the model
– Standard guest package for model’s guest
– Welcome bottle of champagne and fruit tray
– Couples massage
– Couples sunset photo (cheesy heart cut-out from not included)
SCUBA Diving: over 100 dive sites along 190 miles of coastline with ample opportunities to see and photograph octopus, blue ribbon eels, orang-utan crabs, rays, numerous shark and fish species, huge fans and a rainbow kaleidoscope of soft coals. Onsite PADI facility offering rental gear as well as instruction.
SPA Services: Artists with their hands, the ladies of the Lali Spa are here to ease away the stresses of the World. Using all Pure Fiji products and traditional methods, you will be soothed into a feeling of total relaxation as cool ocean breezes drift the scents of tropical flowers from the surrounding gardens into the open air spa rooms, or across the sundeck during your private in-room massage.
If you want something even more traditional, watch as the ladies hand choose herbs from the garden to mix for you and your custom sensory massage.
Local Sightseeing: Proud of a strong relationship with the villages around Beqa, Beqa Lagoon Resort employs over 75 local staff, many of who have been working here since it opened. The bond formed allows all of our guests to become part of our family. Walk through the village and understand why Fiji is the warmest and friendliest place in the World.
With a lush tropical environment it is easy to grow and harvest many fruit, vegetable and herb products and Beqa Lagoon Resort purchases many of the items we use everyday from the local communities.
Local Culture Tours: Come explore the warmth of the Fijian community as you explore our local villages, witness ceremonies that have been passed through generations as you take part in the famous yaqona (kava) ceremony, using the tanoa bowl and drinking from the coconut cup, ‘bilo’. Watch stories of old told through dance in our meke night. Learn about traditional herbal medicine, how to weave coconut leaves and the tree of life from our passionate local staff as they walk you through our gardens.
Fishing: Anglers simply must experience the adrenaline rush of deep-sea fishing. Chase down a Wahoo, fight a Spanish Mackerel, hook a Blue Marlin, or find that elusive Yellow-fin Tuna. Whether you are a blue water fisherman, or a sport fisherman our custom boats and the best equipment virtually guarantee your success.
Surfing: Fiji is home to some competition level World-renowned surfing breaks, and none are more beautiful than Frigates. Located just a short boat ride from Beqa Lagoon Resort, and with the magical backdrop of the mountains of Viti Levu, there is no better way to spend your day than connecting with the ocean as you ride her powerful waves.
You will be flying into Nadi International Airport, Fiji (NAN). After clearing customs, you will be met by our staff and after a scenic drive along Fiji’s coral coast, you’ll take a shirt boat ride over to the more intimate Beqa Island.
A valid passport is required for all international travelers!
Visas: US Citizens will be issued a visa onsite at arrival. Details on other countries at: https://www.fijihighcom.com/
Vaccinations: Standard international travel vaccinations are suggested, none are required.
Year round water temperatures ranging from 75-84˚f (25-29˚c)
Electric current: 220V, Australian style plugs.
Tap Water: Safe to drink within the resort, but bottled water is always available if you wish (remember, tap water is pretty much the bottled Fiji water you buy at home!)
Religion: There is a wide religious diversity in Fiji, however the main religions are Methodist, Catholic and Hindu.
Is there a TV or phone in my room? NO, this is FIJI, you’re here to relax as much as work on this trip and this resort emphasizes that through the removal of TV’s in your room in favor of sitting on your private porch to watch the Nature Channel live!
Reserve Your Space Deposit*: $250
Standard Package*: $3,000
VIP Experience Package*: $5,000
Couples Package: $5,500
*Due to the unique nature and very limited availability of these packages, deposits and packages are non-refundable. If circumstances prevent you from attending, we will do our best to work with you to receive a refund or a credit towards a future event. We cannot be held responsible for lack of proper travel documents, travel delays or other issues effecting your attendance.